You can hardly hear marketers talking about SMS campaigns as their primary marketing tool, but the truth is that mobile-focused messages play a major role in modern marketing. The reason is obvious – SMS promotion is very effective.
A study shows that the average open rate for text message marketing campaigns is 98%, compared to a 20% open rate for email marketing campaigns. Besides that, text messages have a 209% higher response rate than a phone, email, or Facebook.
Two factors determine the productivity of your SMS marketing campaigns:
- Your content creation strategy
- The app you’re using to optimize your target SMS marketing
We will briefly go through the basic principles of SMS marketing and then move on to the top seven apps you can use to enhance your SMS campaigns. Let’s take a look!
How to Plan SMS Campaigns
A great SMS marketing tool will only get you so far if you don’t prepare well for the coming campaign. According to Jake Gardner, the author of the writemytermpaper, SMS campaigns should be based on a few preparation factors:
- Analyze the target audience: It is essential to know your average customer and learn about their purchasing habits, activities, and locations.
- Write concise and straightforward messages: A typical SMS is meant to be clear and concise. It would be perfect if you could write it using approximately 100 characters, but the most important thing is not to exceed the 160-character limit.
- Add a CTA: A call to action is supposed to drive user engagement, so you have to include it in your text messages. Use a simple and actionable phrase such as ‘Buy now!’ or ‘Click here’ to encourage recipients to make their move.
- Beware of timing: You should always send text messages at the right moment because customers will neglect it otherwise.
Top SMS Marketing Apps
When you search for the best SMS marketing app, you should think about multiple factors.
First of all, the platform must be intuitive and easy to use. A good app enables two-way communication and easy integrations with third-party providers. Besides that, you probably need a tool that is both functional and affordable at the same time.
We are talking about many different quality parameters here, so you might get overwhelmed by the sheer number of details. This is why we decided to show you the top seven SMS marketing apps that proved to work well for our campaigns. Let’s check them out!
- Pro Texting
ProTexting is one of our favorite SMS marketing tools because it comes with a broad scope of powerful features. The platform gives you all sorts of advances SMS functionalities such as mobile sweepstakes, opinion polls, coupons, and so on. We also love the following features:
- Interactive SMS campaigns
- Intelligent drip campaigns
- Automated data collection
- Daily backups
- Around the clock customer service
Our friends at the bestessaywritingservices told us about Salesmsg a few years ago and we loved it instantly. It’s a user-friendly text message marketing tool that helps you run scalable campaigns while enabling two-way SMS communication. Here’s what we appreciate about Salesmsg:
- Unlimited contacts and integrations with every price plan
- Shared inboxes for teams
- SMS broadcasting
- MMS picture texting
- Message Launch
If you’re looking for a text messaging platform with additional email abilities, perhaps you should try Message Launch. The best thing about this app is that it instantly analyzes your database to figure out users’ preferences and optimize your SMS campaign accordingly. And it’s not the only thing you should look for because Message Launch also gives you:
- Mass texting abilities
- SMS surveys
- Text-to-screen and text-to-vote options
- Multichannel reminders
- Data capture and targeting
Twilio is an all-around marketing app with great potential to amplify your SMS campaigns. Although it serves various marketing channels, we believe Twilio is also one of the most reliable text messaging tools because it comes with a wide range of functionalities, said John O. from bestpaperwritingservice . Here’s what you can expect from it:
- Drive engagement across all stages of the sales funnel
- Personalize text messages
- Understand user behavior with advanced analytics
- Pony Express HQ
Pony Express HQ is a simple SMS marketing platform that perfectly suits beginners and experienced marketers. It allows you to bulk import your contacts, schedule campaigns, customize message templates, and do many other things with your SMS campaigns. Besides that, Pony Express HQ guarantees:
- Unlimited contacts, groups, and keywords
- Responsive support
With ClickSend, you get an intuitive dashboard from which you can control every aspect of an SMS campaign. The platform guarantees global coverage and super-fast delivery, while it also comes with an SMS getaway. Apart from that, ClickSend can:
- Handle multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Deliver long messages with up to 1,224 characters
- Insert emojis and non-standard symbols
JookSMS is a simple text messaging platform that takes no more than 10 minutes to set up. The app is particularly popular among hospitality companies and real estate agencies thanks to the superior engagement abilities. It also offers you the following:
- Tags and triggers
- Long-distance messaging
- Message scheduling
- API access
- Ability to design a tailored pricing plan
The Bottom Line
If you want to launch a standout SMS marketing campaign, you need a trustworthy optimization app to support your activities. In this post, we showed you the best apps to manage your target SMS marketing.
Have you already tried any of these tools? Let us know in the comments!